If you’re looking for an affordable event venue in the Jacksonville area, the Thrasher-Horne Center has several options to choose from. We have the perfect space for your event or gathering, from wedding ceremonies and receptions to conferences and business meetings. We also have performance space areas for even larger events.
Our expansive Main Stage Theatre is a popular venue for large-scale productions. It’s where audiences and guests enjoy everything from Broadway shows to large private events, and it can accommodate seating for more than 1,700. With two levels of seating, including a stadium-style balcony, and a 57’ x 48’ stage, the Main Stage Theatre is ideal for these events and more:
- Large-scale performances and productions: Every seat is the best in the house in our Main Stage Theatre. Stage your next production in a modern venue that provides full scene and costume shops, hydraulic orchestra pit, and space for 80 performers in our generous dressing rooms.
- Graduation and award ceremonies: The Main Stage Theatre can accommodate large audiences for your graduation and award ceremonies, while the adjacent Conference Center is the perfect space for catered dinners and receptions afterward.
- Recitals and competitions: Put your cheer and dance competitors, recital dancers, band or chorus in a professional setting with state-of-the-art sound and lighting. The Main Stage Theatre includes a full backstage dance studio for warming up and green room areas.
- Corporate events: The Main Stage Theatre is popular with local government agencies, non-profit organizations and business groups for their events and parties.
Bring your group of up to 220 to your event in the Studio Theatre. Customize your event with reconfigurable lighting, seating and stage location. We have chorus dressing rooms available for women and men, each of which has 25 mirrored stations with makeup lights, plus showers and sinks. Additional dressing rooms are available to accommodate 20 extra performers, and we have a green room with an equipped kitchen. The Studio Theatre also has a dedicated catwalk-level lighting and sound booth.
This intimate black box environment provides the opportunity for performers and guests to connect, and an unequaled experience for attendees at a variety of events, such as:
- Small productions: Bring audiences and performers closer for one-man shows, artist showcases, cabarets, small-cast productions and more.
- Music performances: Perfect for smaller music performances, the Studio Theatre offers expert lighting and sound. Flexible features include your choice of a seated or standing audience, assigned seats or general admission, or a combination. Professional concessions are available as are merchandise table options.
- Parties and celebrations: Host your private family or personal gathering at our Studio Theatre for an event your guests won’t soon forget. We have bartenders and professional servers available for your event, and a full warming kitchen for your own caterer or one of our recommended catering services.
- Showcases: All types of musicians and artists have taken advantage of the Studio Theatre’s intimate setting for orchestral, vocal and dance performances. The Studio is also ideal for school recitals and ballroom dance groups.
If you want maximum flexibility to create a one-of-a-kind event, the special event rooms at the Thrasher-Horne Center can provide it. With a total of 6,135 square feet comprised of five banquet rooms, you can take advantage of movable wall partitions to configure four of the rooms to suit your needs.
Your rental of our special event rooms includes a range of seating options, plenty of free parking, furniture setup and breakdown, plus adjustable sound, lighting, and audiovisual systems. You may bring your own caterer for your event or consult with our staff to choose one from our list of recommended caterers. You’ll also have free wireless network access, a multimedia presentation lectern, and a warm-up kitchen. Our special event rooms are available for rent seven days a week, with rental hours from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. depending upon scheduled events.
Perfect for an intimate gathering or hundreds of guests, our special event rooms are the ideal setting for these types of events and more:
- Weddings and receptions: Tell us about your vision and let us make it a reality with affordable five-star service, a grand room that can accommodate 250 guests for wedding receptions, and our on-site professional staff. Hundreds of couples have chosen the Thrasher-Horne Center to celebrate the beginning of their lives together, making memories that will last a lifetime for them and their guests. We also have beautiful backdrops for your wedding photos, including a landscaped waterfall and grand staircase.
- Bridal and baby showers: Any of our special event rooms can be set up to entertain your shower guests in style. Whether you’re inviting just a few guests or are planning a large event, we’ll help you create a memorable day.
- Parties and celebrations: The movable partitions in our special event rooms allow you to have the environment you want for your party or banquet. You’ll have your choice of table sizes and shapes, technology such as sound and lighting, and options to rent a piano or dance floor. Our staff is available to help you plan the perfect holiday party, family or class reunion, brunch or lunch, award banquet and more.
- Meetings: Have your corporate gathering at the Thrasher-Horne Center where you’ll have your choice of format for large meetings in our grand room, breakout rooms for training or workshops, wireless network access and more.
- Expos and conventions: Thousands of square feet can be configured for any type of meeting or fundraising event or an expo for a large number of exhibits and attendees. The Thrasher-Horne Center’s convention facility can be rented for a half- or full-day.
Looking for a unique space for your event? Our gallery spaces are available to rent for your gathering. The 1,200-square-foot Lee Adams Gallery and 950-square-foot Jack Mitchell Gallery are perfect for smaller receptions, cocktail hours or other events. Our gallery spaces have hosted wine tastings, meditation classes, reunions, and even wedding ceremonies. Both of these spaces have audio connections and piped-in music availability.
Additional event venue features
The Thrasher-Horne Center is situated on the St. Johns River State College campus in Orange Park, making it a convenient central location for your guests from Jacksonville, St. Augustine and the surrounding area. Our venue is just half an hour from downtown Jacksonville, about 45 minutes from the beaches of Jacksonville, and about an hour from St. Augustine. If your guests will be coming from out of state, the Jacksonville International Airport is an easy drive. When you need accommodations for guests who are staying overnight, several Fleming Island and Orange Park hotels are close by with choices including brand-name hotels, an upscale resort adjacent to the St. Johns River, and many more.
Hosting your event at the Center has these additional advantages:
- Available on-site security
- Plenty of free parking for your guests
- Affordable event rental rates that include furnishing setup and breakdown
- The option to work with one of our recommended caterers or use your own
- Accessible features such as curbside drop-off, an elevator to the upper-level lobby, chairs with removable arms in our Main Stage
- Theatre, and more
- Multiple spaces available for rent to accommodate various functions at your event, such as workshops in breakout rooms
- Discounts available for nonprofit organizations
- Alcohol may be served at your event with the appropriate liquor license and liquor liability insurance
In addition, our experienced, on-staff event planners are at your service. We’ll meet with you to discuss your needs and even share examples of all of the ways each of our event spaces can be configured to your specifications. We’re also happy to give you a tour of our facility.
Book Your Event Today
Whether you want to reserve your event space now, would like to schedule a tour of all of our event venues, or just have questions about event rentals at the Thrasher-Horne Center, we’re here to help!
Here’s how you can reach us:
General contact information:
Call 904-276-6815, extension 2
Call Director Bob Olson at 904-276-6815, extension 8 or Rental Coordinator Ellen Hare at 904-276-6815, extension 2.