1) I can’t believe how quickly we got here from downtown Jacksonville!
For a market like Jacksonville that has been trained to drive to Ponte Vedra and St. Augustine for live entertainment, the Thrasher-Horne Center is a welcome breath of fresh air. From the center of downtown Jacksonville, a drive to our theatre averages 31 minutes. This compares almost identically to the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall, and beats a trip to the St. Augustine Amphitheatre by almost half an hour!
2) Look at how close I get to park to the theatre! Wait a minute…parking is FREE, too? Jackpot!
Here’s the parking situation for some of our local performing arts venues in Northeast Florida, via their websites when possible:
- St. Augustine Amphitheatre – Very limited on-site paid parking, shuttles available from satellite parking lots almost a mile away from the venue.
- Florida Theatre – $7.00 garage parking one block away from the theatre.
- Times-Union Center for the Arts – $10-$20, depending on day of week and lot availability.
By comparison, the Thrasher-Horne Center offers FREE and AMPLE parking to all of our guests… ALWAYS! Don’t spend your time on a shuttle from a satellite parking lot or circling downtown blocks looking for an available parking meter. Spend it inside, comfortable and stress-free.
3) Two concession stands and three satellite bars?! What a relief to not have to spend my entire pre-show in line!
We know the last thing you want to experience pre-show or at intermission are crippling lines to purchase snacks or beverages. At the Thrasher-Horne Center, we don’t want our guests to have to choose between using the restroom, enjoying the galleries, or stocking up on refreshments. So we’ve built two massive concession stands into our lobby (one on each level), and supplemented those with three satellite bars. This ensures optimal guest comfort and convenience, because that’s exactly how we’d expect to be treated.
Pro Tip: Become a member of the Thrasher-Horne Center and enjoy more with access to our Circle Club! Dedicated bar service and complimentary hors d’oeuvres before every show and during intermission is a perk you don’t want to miss. Ask our Box Office Representatives for more information today.
4) With all this time I saved parking and buying my reasonably-priced drink, what am I going to do pre-show? I guess I’ll wander around the lobby…and into the THREE art galleries!
Speaking of galleries, we have three of them located directly off our main lobby, filled with rotating exhibits from local and regional artists, as well as our permanent exhibit of world-famous photography by Jack Mitchell. Instead of sitting and waiting for your show, spend some time with our art instead. You’ll be glad you did!
5) Check out my spacious seat! The aisles are massive and my knees aren’t touching my chin when I sit down!
Theatres from the turn of the century are known for their gorgeous and awe-inspiring architectural details, but they typically don’t offer much in the way of creature comforts. Occupying precious real estate in downtown city centers, theatre owners of the era designed their spaces to maximize profit and minimize space. As a result, the houses of these grand buildings often feel like they were designed for humans two feet shorter than today’s variety. This is not the case at the Thrasher-Horne Center. With our plush modern seating and ample, easy navigable aisles and rows, you’ll never have an uncomfortable moment (until you finally have to leave).