Here at the Thrasher-Horne Center, weddings are second nature. Our massively accommodating Events Center has played host to hundreds of perfect weddings for couples all over the region. As a result, we’ve encountered numerous bridal checklists – all of which provided varying degrees of personal success for the new bride. After witnessing the best and the worst, we’ve assembled the following as your ultimate go-to list, which we’ll be doling out in monthly installments to keep you on schedule until your big day.
Mother Nature found it necessary to deliver Florida some nasty storms right in the middle of your Month Seven checklist, but hopefully your home and venue weathered the hurricane and you’ve kept up to date on your plans. If for any reason you need to revisit our prior checklists, we have our previous months’ wedding checklists available. If not, we shall continue forward with Part Eight of our yearlong wedding planning guide. Below, you’ll find your next steps on the path to a perfectly smooth blissful wedding.
Staying organized will keep you on track while you try to make your wedding memorable, awesome and creative. The items on our monthly checklists are your perfectly portioned must-do’s to make this spectacular event come together in a way that only we know how.
ONE MONTH BEFORE
Is there something you’re forgetting?
Everything is going great and most of these items are just to ensure that everyone else is on the same page as you.
- Call vendors to confirm. This is just another check-up.
- Begin to pack for the honeymoon. Or at least decide what you’ll need for your adventure.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations and agenda.
- Print menu cards and programs.
- Final dress fitting if necessary.
- Practice walking in your shoes. Especially if they are not the type you would normally wear. Purchase a pair of comfortable shoes for the reception. You won’t regret it.
- Check in with the venue coordinator. They may want to know they have everything exactly as you wish.
- Schedule a practice hair styling session for the big event. You want to be extra gorgeous on your special day.
- Mail the rehearsal dinner invitations. Your wedding party will be looking forward to it.
The Ideal Setting for your Wedding Day… The Thrasher-Horne Center, one venue which has it all!
Many stunning weddings have already been held at the Thrasher-Horne Conference Center! Nestled on the scenic St. Johns River State College campus in Orange Park, this venue provides the perfect atmosphere for your wedding and/or reception, with ample free guest parking, flexible catering choices with a full staging kitchen, and an accessible location right in the heart of Clay County. Comprised of six suites that can provide space in whatever design you envision, such as the Grand Banquet Room with comfortable space for up to 240 guests including enough room for dancing. Additionally, our other banquet or theatre spaces are the perfect setting for your wedding ceremony, combining both of your venue needs into one!
Call 904-276-6815 or visit our wedding page to schedule an appointment with a Thrasher-Horne Center Wedding Specialist today!