The Thrasher-Horne Center offers those seeking a recital hall or musical performance venue something you won’t find elsewhere in our area: choices! Whether your event is large or intimate, we can accommodate your needs. Our unique spaces and professional services will ensure your recital or performance is a hit. Read on for details on all we have to offer.
A spacious floor level, balcony with private boxes, and 1,725 seats make our Main Stage Theatre the ideal setting for a memorable experience. Modern but comfortable, the theatre offers two concession areas, additional satellite bars, box office, two visual art galleries, elevator, a coat check, and large bathrooms facilities on both levels.
Additional features include:
- A 30’ high 57’ x 48’ stage
- A 91’ roof with full fly system
- Expert lighting and sound system
- Fully automated hydraulic orchestra pit
- Concessions available upon request
- Management staff and volunteer ushers
- Box office and ticketing services
- Plush, modern seating
- Green room and full dressing rooms with room for a cast of 80
- Two full loading docks
- Available ADA compliant with available Hearing Assistance Devices
Sharing dress room and full backstage space with our Main Stage, the Studio Theatre accommodates audiences of up to 220. This intimate space offers flexible seating and staging options, so you can design a setting that allows your audience to directly connect to performers. Perfect for orchestral and vocal performances, the theatre provides a personal experience unequaled by traditional proscenium theatre staging.
Our audiences consistently give the highest marks to the Studio Theatre, which offers many of the same features as the Main Stage Theatre, plus:
- A black box environment for flexibility
- Dedicated catwalk level sound/lighting booth
- Options for standing or seated audiences, general admission or assigned seats, or any combination
- Retractable stadium-style seating
Reserve Space for Your Recital or Musical Performan Today
The Thrasher-Horne Center is located on the scenic campus of St. Johns River State College in Orange Park, so it’s convenient to Jacksonville, St. Augustine, and all areas of Clay, Duval, Putnam, and St. Johns counties. It offers ample parking, on-site security, and the services of a professional staff that includes technical directors and expert event planners.
If you have any questions, would like to schedule a tour of the Center, or are ready to book your recital or musical performance, call Technical Director Jan-Hein Phelps at 904-276-6815, extension 7, or reach him filling out the contact form to the right.
If you’d like more information about renting our Main Stage or Studio Theatre, fill out the form below and we will get back with you soon.