Your most special day deserves the five-star service you’ll receive at the Thrasher-Horne Center. Chosen by hundreds of couples from the Jacksonville area and across the region, our surprisingly affordable wedding venue is on the scenic campus of St. Johns River State College in Orange Park, but it feels like you’re a world away.
Personalized Wedding Venue for Your Perfect Day
Five suites can be configured to bring your vision of a perfect day to life. Whether you need space that’s just right for your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, or wedding reception, more than 6,200 square feet is available for any setup. Four of our suites have movable wall partitions, giving you complete flexibility. From an intimate ceremony with close friends and family, to a lavish event in our grand room that can accommodate nearly 250 guests with plenty of room for dancing, our professional on-site staff is ready to help you create memories that will last a lifetime. Our event experts go above and beyond to exceed your expectations.
Wedding Countdown Checklist
From our years of hosting weddings at The Thrasher-Horne Center, we know that the key to ensuring your special day is just as you envision it is planning. To help you stay organized as you plan your wedding, we created the ultimate wedding countdown checklist, starting one year out and taking you right up to the week of the big event. Here’s the countdown, with just some of the to-dos each step entails (click through for more detail!):
- One year ahead: No pressure, just planning. This is when you’ll lay out the foundation, from determining your budget and choosing the date and place, to nailing down your guest list and researching wedding dresses.
- Nine to 10 months ahead: Get on vendors’ calendars. Time for some decisions! Order your dress, hire the photographer, and meet with caterers.
- Eight to nine months ahead: Make plans for travelers (including yourself!). Mail your save-the-date cards, book a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests, and start planning your honeymoon.
- Six to seven months ahead: A full to-do list. Meet with the officiant, purchase wedding invitations and wedding bands, and schedule wedding cake tastings.
- Four to five months ahead: Time’s flying! There’s plenty to think about this month, from the rehearsal dinner guest list and venue, to finalizing your guest list.
- Three months ahead: Decisions to make with your fiance. Plan seating arrangements, purchase wedding favors, and settle on whether you will write your own vows.
- Two months ahead: Just a few things to do. Mail invitations, double-check everything with your vendors, and go over specifics with your photographer.
- One month ahead: Last call! Make sure everything’s set for the honeymoon, including reservations and what you’ll pack. Practice walking in your wedding shoes and schedule a practice hair styling session.
- The week of your wedding: Relax, you’ve earned it. If you’ve checked all of the above items off your list, it’s time to relax a bit—treat your bridal party and yourself to a spa treatment, enjoy your rehearsal dinner, and get some rest.
Wedding Ceremony & Reception Hall Amenities
Our venue rental pricing includes a custom setup and furniture breakdown with a variety of seating options, and each of our suites offer independently controlled sound and lighting. We also have flexible catering options for your rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, bridesmaids brunch, or any other type event. Our select group of recommended caterers offer everything from light hors d’oeuvres to elegant, sit-down dinners. You may also use your own caterer.
Your guests will enjoy plenty of free parking with easy access to the facility, and wifi is available as well.
When it’s time to commemorate your special day with photos, the Thrasher-Horne Center offers the perfect backdrops, including our grand lobby staircase and landscaped waterfall area, surrounded by the peaceful surroundings of the campus.
Regardless of whether you’re just in the early planning stages of your wedding or you’re ready to reserve a date, we’re ready to help! Please call our Rental Coordinator at 904-276-6815, extension 2 or send us an email today.
Thrasher-Horne Wedding FAQs
If you’d like more information about our wedding venue or ready to schedule a tour, fill out the form below and we will get back with you soon.
1815 East West Pkwy
Fleming Island, FL 32003
15% discount, use Corporate ID: 786881263
Click here for a video tour.
1735 Jeremiah Street
Middleburg, FL 32068
15% discount, use Corporate Account: 0003281967
Click here for a video tour.